16.8.09

I'm not dead and the project is progressing

For the last few weeks I've finally been able to work on El Jefe again. I've cut the holes for windows in the back and side panel. Haven't installed the actual window plates yet, because I need to be able to reach the innards until I'm sure the computer runs as it should.
10082009251

I also built these ducts to suck hot air from the mosfets.
10082009250

Last week I got the ducts and fans installed. Trying out the tank and pump position.
13082009252

Then I put the CPU water block on. I had to use smaller diameter tube to connect the "Fusion Block" but I don't think it matters because everything else is tubed with the larger tubing.
13082009253

I tried the PSU and motherboard on. At that time I found out the PSU mount was too close to the MoBo mount. So I had to drill new holes for the MoBo mount and modify it a bit on the left side too to fit the cover bolt tips too.
13082009254

All the tubes connected. Next thing was to add water and hope for the best.
16082009259

I set some toilet paper in the joints to see if anything leaks and protect the boards. There was 3 leaks. One in the rad exit, one in the tank input, and one in the GFX block exit. I managed to fix all of them and started removing the air from the system.

16082009260

Having most of the air removed I hooked the PSU up and set the pump running to get rid of the last bubbles. I just connected the leftmost black and green wire together in the clip side.
16082009261

I leave the pump running for the night and hope there won't be any more sneaky leaks.

No comments: