7.7.10

Severe memory fault

I forgot to post this when I finished and as I got to talk about this project today thought it would be nice to have some kind of conclusion.

Here's some pics of the project I now declare finished. I managed to heat the water to 80C (forgot to plug the rad fans in...) and that caused a leak destroying the mobo and GFX card. Replaced them and it's now working fine (except for some random blue screens, maybe due to that second broken card i still have in there.

I hoped that the card was still alive and ordered another with a waterblock to have quadfire. Well... it didn't work. Anyhow, here's the picture galore.

I'm going to make a sticker out of this and have it on the window.








Plasma cut sheet metal. I printed the pic on paper, cut it and then draw the outline to the metal. Then I cut it freehand and got lucky.


It's nucular powered!


Lights on



Pics of the water cooling stuff







So here it is. Learned a bunch of things and next time I won't do nearly as many mistakes and I can do many things the easy way. As soon as I get my assistant computer engineers (8 months and 4 years old) away, I pull that bad gfx card away and maybe bake it to see if it will work again.

So, until then....

No comments: